Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

TUESDAY'S NOVENA PRAYER TO ST ANTHONY OF PADUA


(This novena is to be prayed on nine consecutive Tuesdays.)

“O gentle St Anthony, beloved of the Child Jesus who delighted to be held in your arms, grant your powerful aid.” (to be said before each Tuesday’s prayer)
Our Father…, Hail Mary…, Glory Be… to be said after each Tuesday’s prayer.

DAY 1:
O blessed St Anthony, I pray that, with Mary Queen of the Angels, you ask Almighty God my request: (mention your request).

DAY 2:
O blessed St Anthony, you were given the gift of divine knowledge and of seeing the future like the patriarchs and prophets. I pray that with them you plead to Almighty God to grant my request: (mention your request).

DAY 3:
O blessed St Anthony, in life you preached the Gospel and spread the faith like the apostles and disciples. I implore you to pray with them that God listen to my prayer: (mention your request).

DAY 4:
O blessed St Anthony, you were ready to suffer persecution like the martyrs and saints. I humbly beseech you to appeal to God to grant my request: (mention your request).

DAY 5:
O blessed St Anthony, you were given the grace of converting many people to Christ like the holy bishops and priests. Speak for me to God so that my prayer may be heard: (mention your request).

DAY 6:
O blessed St Anthony, you were given the grace to spend your life in good works, praying, fasting and denying yourself like many monks and hermits. May all your prayers to God obtain for me what I ask: (mention your request).

DAY 7:
O blessed St Anthony, you led a pure life and overcame temptation like all virgins and holy innocents. I ask you and them to plead to God to grant my request: (mention your request).

DAY 8:
O blessed St Anthony, you were so virtuous and served God well on earth like the holy widows and saintly husbands and wives. May you pray to God that my prayer will be heard: (mention your request).

DAY 9:
O blessed St Anthony, loved by God and blessed with His grace, along with St Joseph, speak to God for me so that my prayer may be granted if it is for His greater honour and glory: (mention your request).

No comments:

Post a Comment